Westward Ho Folks

This blog chronicled (via a diary and photos) a trip that Terry and his wife Stefi took across the U.S. singing in nursing homes. The trip has since concluded and we are now living full-time for the Lord in a mission, serving the needy and homeless.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Sweet Spinner Number 1


This is me (Terry) and I am one half of the Sweet Spinners...the other half is my wife Stefi. I grew up in a singing family. My mom instilled in me the love for music, and bought me my first trumpet when I went into the 4th grade. I played various brass instruments all through school, and when I joined the Navy, I played in the Admiral's band. On September 5th, 2004, Stefi and I married, and have begun a wonderful life together. I lost my mom in '97 to cancer, and she passed in a nursing home. Stefi's 90 year old grandmother has Alzheimer's, so we have the struggles of that condition. These two facts birthed within us a love for nursing home residents. Coupled with both us being blessed with musical talents and abilities, we decided to put a smile on their faces by providing them with an entertainment program. We chose to sing music from the 40's, 50's and 60's. It has been absolutely wonderful to see their smiles and to hear the comments after each show. Because of the cold in Pa., we have decided to move to New Mexico. So I came up with the idea of what we call the Westward Ho Tour. The "tour" will begin in New York, and end in New Mexico. It took me fifty plus years to finally be doing what I love doing the most...singing and bringing smiles to the forgotten.